I am a member of the following Organizations and Lineage societies: The Jamestowne Society, The Daughters of the American Revolution, Daughters of the American Colonists, First Families of St. Louis, The Society of Indiana Pioneers, Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Military Order of the Southern Cross in the Pacific Theater, First Families of Missouri, National Society Descendants of American Farmers, the Heinrich Frey Family Association, Hite Family Association, Graves Family Association, and the Bridger Family Association.
I hold the following offices:
- President, Central Florida Genealogical Society
- First Vice Regent, Webmaster, Volunteer Information Specialist (VIS) Chair, and DAR DNA Network Chair of the William P. Duval Chapter of the NSDAR.
- Secretary, Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, 1861-1865 Louisa May Alcott Tent 11
- Vice President, Webmaster, and DNA Database Manager for the Bridger Family Association
- Secretary, Historian, and Webmaster for the Drawdy-Rouse Family Cemetery.
- Webmaster for the Friends of the Bridal House, an organization formed to preserve and tell the story of the historic Bridal House, a historic log cabin in Cottontown, Sumner County, Tennessee.
- Administrator, Bridger, Hatfield, Hobday/Hobdy, and Mosby DNA surname Projects.
- DNA Specialist, Lineage Research Team, Florida State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Speaker, Florida State Society, Daughter of the American Revolution.
- Organizing Lieutenant Governor, Central Florida Company of the Jamestowne Society.
I am also a member of several regional genealogical or historical societies including the International Society of Genetic Genealogists (ISOGG), New England Historic Genealogical Society, the Genealogical Research Institute of Virginia (GRIVA), Tidewater Genealogical Society, Gloucester Genealogical Society of Virginia, Wilson County (NC) Genealogical Society, Isle of Wight (VA) Historical Society, St. Louis (Missouri) Genealogical Society, KYOWVA Genealogy and Historical Society, Wabash Valley Genealogy Society, Pike County Genealogical Society, Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society, Perry County Historical Society, Florida Genealogical Society, and the Missouri State Genealogical Association, among others.
I’m a frequent contributor to several genealogical publications.
I love honoring my ancestors by preserving their lineage and history in these various lineage societies:
I have been a member of the Jamestowne Society since 2016. I sincerely thank my cousin Sandy Boyd for assisting me with documentation for my application. We both are members under our ancestor Thomas Dew (c. 1600 – c. 1681), who was the 7th Speaker of the House of Burgesses.
My earliest Jamestown ancestor is Captain Thomas Graves.
National Society Daughters of the American Colonists
My Daughters of the American Colonists ancestor is John Cotton, my 8th great grandfather.
My original DAR Patriot is Robert Hobday. I originally joined as an organizing member of the Green River Chapter in Kentucky in 2006. I transferred my membership to the William P. Duval Chapter in Winter Park, Florida in 2016. I am currently the 1st Vice Regent, VIS Committee Chair, DAR DNA Network Chair, and webmaster. I am also on the Florida State Society, NSDAR Speakers’ list, and I am the DNA Specialist on the FSSDAR Lineage Research Team.
Joseph Bridger is my 10th great grandfather. I am a Board Member, DNA Database Manager and webmaster for the BFA.
My Indiana Pioneer ancestor is Jacob Hatfield, my 3rd great grandfather.
My First Families of St. Louis ancestor is Frederick Wirtz, my maternal great grandfather.
My First Families ancestor is my great-great grandfather James Jefferson Short.
I descend from Heinrich Frey and his wife Anna Catherine Levering, my 8th great grandparents.
My Descendants of American Farmers ancestor is James Jefferson Short. I am a charter member of National Society Descendants of American Farmers.
I gained membership in the Military Order of the Southern Cross in the Pacific Theater under my father’s service in the Army during World War II.
Jost Hite is my 8th great grandfather.
My qualifying ancestor is William Hatfield who was a gold miner in the 1870s in Coloma, El Dorado County, California.